Yesterday we went to my parents and luckily had a BBQ as the weather held out. More about that later (see Pimms and monopoly)!
I took round desert. I wanted to make something British and quirky. I decided on a Eaton Mess trifle.
Sherry Trifle at the bottom and Eaton mess at the top. What do you think? Jubilicious!!!!!!
It tasted gooooooood!
- If you want a go its easy! Put 8 trifle fingers on the bottom and soak in a good glug of Sherry.
- Layer some fruit (it can literally be anything! Tinned or fresh). I went for fresh strawberries and blueberries and frozen raspberries to keep with my red white a blue theme!
- Then a good serving of custard.
- Put in the fridge to set a bit.
- Then for the Eaton mess! Whip up loads of cream and crumble in meringue and chopped up strawberries. Layer over the custard.
- Then layer on some more freshly whipped cream (the top!) and decorate. I've obviously gone with the union jack theme. But almonds, pretties, chocolate etc are all great. Basically anything goes.
The chickens enjoyed their share of the celebratory pud!
My mother in law gave me this coin to mark the occasion. I'll keep it safe!
I also managed to finish some crowns (the Scottie dogs are ready to be sewn up - can't wait to share!).
Much of this has been consumed over the past few days ....... delicish!
And last night was concluded with a family game of monopoly with the Jubilee Concert in the background.
Guess who I was!!!
And guess who won!?
Oh yes!!!! I won!!!!!!!!! No wonder I came back thinking I had such a good time!!!!
Hope your all having an equally great time.
Love Kate xxxxxx