About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Kate and this blog is all about my adventures of happy living. By that I mean crochet, chickens and cooking. Here's to the good life - and being a good wife! xxx

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Swimathon

In an effort to become a better and fitter person I have signed up Swimathon 2013.

The last three weeks at the gym and pool have been brilliant. I have left feeling healthier and full of good little endorphins. All I needed was a challenge other than to be thinner. One that I couldn't get out of. One that needed a bit of commitment.

In a bid to challenge myself I decided it would have to be something swimming related. I am good at endurance, but a bit of a water baby .... better in the water than on land. I saw Swimathon adverts going up last week and decided this was the one.

So, on April the 28th at 1200 I will be doing a 2.5k marathon .... 100 lengths to be precise. All for a fantastic cause ... Marie Curie Cancer Care.

Today was my first proper session with the Swimathon in mind. I had 45 minutes and thought it best to just see how much I could do. I managed 50 lengths in that time. I was certainly most pleased! That means I am already half way there all by myself. I just need to now get up to 60, then 70, then 80 and so on ....

I don't really want to bore you with all of the little updates every time I get back from the pool. But just wanted to let you know I am doing it. And if at all you feel like you would like to sponsor me, then here is the link.

Also if anyone has any good ideas to help raise that little bit extra I would love to her them.

Kate xxx

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your swimming! I find that it is the getting started that is the hardest, been thinking of going to Zumba for 3 weeks now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Kate - I'm sure you'll have those 100 lengths sorted in no time. I've done a few charity tea parties and folk are always generous. I can email you the ideas/format if you like?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great, well done! It a worthy cause :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and cause Kate ... you definitely should have that creme egg :) ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I always read them and will be sure to check out your blog. Kate x